Monday 6 August 2012

Trend Update - Bird Focus - Spring/Summer 2014


Over the past month or so I have seen a huge amount of bird illustrations, collages, drawings, photographs (you name it!) trending on blogs, Pinterest, Etsy, clothing...  Literally everywhere I look for research a bird appears!  

I decided to do a trend focus on my 'bird' finds and share them here.  I have discovered some amazing new artists and blogs along the way which has been a real pleasure too.


(Click on image to enlarge)

Key Techniques:

Collage
Pop Colours
Water colour
Hand Drawn
Dress up Birds
Layering
Vintage stamps & paper
Bird cages
Diagrammatic illustrations
Scientific diagrams
Vintage postcards
Photoreal printing

This theme will come under my trend for Spring/Summer 2014.  To keep up to date with all my trend research for the season click here and follow my Spring/Summer 2014 Pinterest trend pin-board.

To view all my trends past and present click on my trend label or click here.

Over the next week I will be sharing some print's and illustration's of my own under this theme so stay posted.  I will also be publishing a more in depth post with some of my new and exciting blog discoveries!

Image Credits:

1. LilyMoon 2. Shabby Art Boutique 3. Alice Stevenson 4. LilyMoon 5. Julia Ogden 6. Jehdidah 7. LilyMoon 8. Poppy Maxfield 9. Unknown - I found this on Pinterest but could not find the original artist - let me know if you can shed any light?! 10. My Dead Pony 11 & 12. Alice Tams 13. Available to download at Shutterstock 14. Poppy Maxfield 15. Blushing Apples 16. Kate Hackney 17. Available to download at Shutterstock 18. Nancy Standlee 19. Penguin Books 20. Available to download at Shutterstock 21. LilyMoon 22. Green Nest 23 & 24. LilyMoon 25. Designed by me! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for including my birds Emily :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...